Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
Turn your once-used wash water or “waste water” into free “resource water” to irrigate your plants with this overview and how-to on different low-cos, and highly effective household greywater-harvesting systems.
- Simple no tank, no pump, gravity-fed systems are emphasized.
- Living systems are the focus so the soil and its life are the system’s filter, and the plants are the “pumps”
- Learn how to safely harvest “dark grey water” the water from your kitchen sink.
- Is it legal in my area to harvest of greywater?
- What is the difference between “black water” and “grey water”
- Discover some “no pump” methods for re-using water
- What are the best materials to use when constructing your systems
About The Speaker:
Brad Lancaster is the author of the award-winning Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond and co-founder of DesertHarvesters.org. Since 1993 Brad has run a successful permaculture education, design, and consultation business focused on integrated regenerative approaches to landscape design, planning, and living. In the Sonoran Desert, with just 11 inches of annual rainfall, he and his brother harvest about 100,000 gallons of rainwater each year on an eighth-acre urban lot and adjoining right-of-way. This harvested water is then turned into living air conditioners of food-bearing shade trees, abundant gardens, and a thriving landscape incorporating wildlife habitat, beauty, medicinal plants, and more.
The goal of his book series and overall work is to empower his clients and community to make positive changes in their own lives and neighborhoods—by harvesting and enhancing free onsite resources such as water, sun, wind, shade, community, and more. It’s catching on, as evidenced by the tens of thousands of practitioners and demand for Brad’s work around the world.
Arrive Late? Miss A Favorite Speaker?
Then Lifetime Access Is The Answer. Watch All 38+ Presentations
On Your Schedule… And Never Miss A Single One!
Watch all 38+ presentations…
on your own schedule, ON DEMAND!
Plus… *unlock* access to all the BONUS GIFTS!
And… be entered to win over $4,608.00 in PRIZES when you claim
lifetime access before 9 p.m. CST on Thursday, June 22nd, 2017!