Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
Ever thought about starting our own worm farm? Wanna divert your kitchen waste stream into rich, black fertilizer? Red Worm Magic will give you the knowledge and know-how to start your own worm farm with as little as $10 and 10 minutes of your time. Learn all about worm biology, vermicomposting, building a worm farm, and compost tea.
- Why you don’t want to use night crawlers
- The best worm species for your bins
- Comparisons of different worm bin models on the market
- How to make your own worm bin
- The ideal living conditions for worms
- How to make compost tea
- How to make black gold out of kitchen scraps
- How to start a worm bin in 10 minutes with $10
About The Speaker:
Born and raised in Wisconsin, Tara Rae currently garden-farms on the front range of Colorado. Her love for worms began in 2003 when she started her first worm bin and began studying Permaculture. She has received numerous Permaculture Design Certificates including a Permaculture Teachers Certificate and has accumulated eight different types of vermicomposting systems. Tara Rae works as an Ecologist and teaches on many topics including composting, vermicomposting, chickens, and permaculture design.
QUESTION: What did you learn from or like about this presentation?